If you have been injured in a vehicle or a vehicle (car, motorcycle, bicycle, truck while walking), your personal injury cases in Chicago or Illinois Illinois included in the automotive vehicle code. The same, no matter what state you are in traffic rules that govern the state of cars in this country.
Every case of bodily injury related to a car accident, an accident on the truck, the accident on a bike or with the car against a pedestrian in Chicago, Illinois (or in any state in this respect), is included in the rules of the road, because the injured person must prove that the incident occurred Wines "other guy". Legislation traffic differs from state to state.
When assessing whether you have a good case of personal injury car accident, you, and especially your lawyer should be familiar with traffic regulations in Illinois. In some cities, like Chicago, has his orders regarding trucks, cars, motorcycles and bicycles, so you need a lawyer who knows what rules apply to determine who had the right of way, so who is to blame for your accident. Moreover, in the accidents involved semi-trailers, federal regulations and laws apply to trucks and truck drivers.
Injuries as a result of a car accident, a motorcycle accident, traffic accidents for pedestrians and bicycles can Var & # 39; iravatstsa from temporary injury type muscles such as whips and thrown back to cuts from broken glass, contact with the road, until broken bones from huge impact forces to the injury of the knee and shoulder, even to paralysis and death. Remember that all vehicles running on muscle and engines, the human body moving faster than he can pass on its own, and it is the impact of the forces of the body as a result of the accident, which he had never mastered.
Thus, not only the treatment of such cases injury requires knowledge of legislation on liability (the Illinois Code of automobile vehicles, local city codes and possible federal laws and regulations of trucks), but also the skills and knowledge of a broad base of medical treatment for the injury aspects of the evidence. case.
On this day, the insurance companies are doing everything in their power to defeat the claim of the insured person from the very beginning, before the injured person knows their rights. They do things like take recorded statements from witnesses and victims, before they learn about their rights, and forced the victims to sign the documents before the victim knows what is at stake.
Here are five guaranteed ways to ruin your damage
1. Fall for what I call "good cop – tell me about it." This is when the insurance adjuster acts as he, she really cares about you, your injuries and your financial needs, especially after the car crash. They call you, tell you not to worry about medical bills, that "everything will be taken care." Remember that they are doing this so that you have opened, we lowered the guard and provided them with written statements or sign their rights for documents that they send to you. After the insurance adjuster will use the skills that he has to get the right answer from you (the right for an insurance company, but it is right for you, and any chance of getting a fair recovery) and as soon as the medical payments coverage is exhausted, their attitude changes. They got what they wanted, and now you can not get a return call and any help.
2. Give a written statement. Each correspondent Insurance insurance company prepares lawyers about what questions to ask, and more importantly, how to ask for them to get the answers you need to win your claim. That is why the only time I let one of my clients to give a statement when it is in my office, and I represent and advise.
3. Sign the documents. It sounds like a horror story from the book. And it is so undisguised and rotten that I myself hardly believe this. But early in my car & # 39; EASURES I was contacted by a middle-aged bachelor, who could not read too well. He suffered in the accident. The insurance company told him, "sign this paper, we will send you, and we will send you $ 1,000.00 for pain and we will pay all of your bills for the doctor." Guess what? He received $ 1,000, but since he could not read too well, he did not realize that, in spite of the promise to pay medical bills, he said on the phone, he had signed the rights for all. Even highly educated people zashklovvayuts eyes when the insurance company sends them a paper with small font tiny, using legal mumbo-jumbo. But this "legalism" can kill your chance at a fair compensation.
4. It is difficult to ours and not to resort to the doctor (or go to the doctor 3 months after the accident). If sur & # 39; ozna the injured person can not get to the doctor after an injury, it's like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, it all translates to the insurance company. They love it. Now you know that most people do not like to go to the doctor, most people postpone it until they just can not stand it. But if someone tries to explain it in court, jurors are skeptical. They think that "the guy asks for money for the injuries – how hard it can be a pain, as he waited for a month to see a doctor?" – When their PASLYAZHAYUTS THAT VYBUCHAE DAKTORA FOR MONTHS OR WHAT YEAR They own medical conditions.
5. Try to hide the preliminary medical condition, accident (or lie about anything, for sure). When I was a young lawyer, I'm serious stories about lawyers who prescribed its customers to maintain the old injuries a secret or try to suppress that before they had a car accident. In addition, it is absolutely unethical lawyer may lose the license for this proposal, and the client may lose his job, just try it. We live in the age of computers. Believe me, there are databases that keep track of all of you, including previous accidents, preliminary medical care, you call. You are just asking for trouble. I always advise my clients to tell the whole truth. In the words of Benjamin Franklin: If you always speak the truth, you do not have to remember anything.
Obviously, this is only the first five – I see many, many more mistakes that are made in cases of accidents all the time, but the above five, probably, with the & # 39 are the most common. The best way to level the playing conditions and to protect your rights or the rights of a loved one – is to consider hiring a qualified, aggressive and ethical lawyer personal injury. Insurance companies hate it when it interferes with a good lawyer, because they know that shenanigany stop, and the victim has the best chance of fair compensation – what the insurance company wants to avoid.
I hope that this information has been useful to you. If you have any questions or want to consult with me on the case of your business, you can contact me at http://www.desalvolaw.com.